2019 ALF PERFORMERS
The performers listed below performed on April 13, 2019 at Copernicus Center
Valeria Carrizales (Spanish Song) / McKinley
Jarboe Kronyanh (English Song) / Columbus High
Biviana Benitez (Turkish Song) / McKinley
My`Jia Brown (English Song) / Lorain
Ulises Carmona (Spanish Song) / McKinley
Daisha Watkins (Turkish Song) / MMSA Dequindre
Amber Matias (English Song) / SW Chicago
Alondra Piñeda (Spanish Song) / McKinley
Alp Çamalan (English Song) / Columbus High A`mara Robinson (English Song) / Youngstown
Begimai Muminova (Kyrgyz Song) / (guest singer)
INSTRUMENT PLAYERS & SCHOOL BANDS
My Vo (piano keyboard player) / GSA Fyler
Halit Ozkaya (piano keyboard player) / GSA Fyler Kayla Gomez (trumpet player) / McKinley
CMSA School Band / CMSA
Carla Duran (free speech and poems) / McKinley
2019 OFFICIAL CONCEPT SCHOOL ART & LANGUAGE FESTIVAL RULES and REGULATIONS
“The Festival is for 5-12 grade students` participation.“
- DATE and VENUE
on SATURDAY, APRIL 13, 2019 @ 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm
5216 W Lawrence Ave. Chicago, IL 60630
There are 6 categories for participation in the Festival.
- Turkish songs (Turkish teachers in charge)
- Spanish songs (Spanish teachers in charge)
- English songs (Music teachers in charge) limited to 2 songs for each school
- Turkish folk dances (Turkish teachers in charge)
- Hispanic folk dances (Spanish teachers in charge)
- Playing musical instrument (Music teachers in charge)
- QUALIFICATION for the FESTIVAL : The performers will be qualified to perform at the Festival by their video performances. Teachers are supposed to take the videos of the performers and submit them to the Head of Foreign Language Department by March, 8 2019.
Uploading the video performances means registration for the Event. You do not need to enter the names in another excel sheet. However, please remember to label the video with the name of the singer/instrument player and the title of the song sung/played. For folk dances, you can just label the video with the title of the dance and you do not need to write the names of the dancers.
The videos will be watched by the judges and the qualifiers will be announced on March 22 2019.
- As for the Singing category
Karaokes of the songs qualified to perform at the Festival should be submitted to the Department Head via email by March 29, 2019.
-The singers are expected to sing with the karaoke music, not with the original song music along with the original singer.
– The songs should be sung by a single singer, or a duo or a trio but not by more than three singers.
– Any singer who performed a song at the festivals of previous years is expected to participate with a different song in 2019.
- As for the Folk Dances category
– As the title of this category suggests, the participating dance should be a traditional folk dance, NOT a modern dance.
-The folk dance group should consist of at least 8 dancers, not any fewer than that.
-Individual dances or couple dances or group dances performed by fewer than 8 dancers will not be accepted even if they are traditional dances.
– Any dance group who performed a folk dance at the festivals of previous years is expected to participate with a different folk dance in 2019.
Aside from the qualified performers of the categories mentioned above
- folk dance groups of 3 guest cultures (outside our school network)
- one of the school bands (probably CMSA School band this year)
- Free Form Winner of CS Spoken Word Contest
are as well invited to perform at the Festival. ( they do not need to submit a video performance for qualification )
The works and projects of Concept Schools Art Department will be exhibited on the Festival day.
FESTIVAL DAY and AWARDS
There will be no voting by the judges on the Festival day, which means the performers (individuals or groups) qualified for the Festival are only going to perform and receive their awards.
How much do they get?
Singing Category performers (English, Turkish and Spanish): $100
Playing Musical Instrument Category performers: $100
Spoken Word Free Form Winner performer: $100
Folk Dances Category groups: $ 400
Bands and orchestras: $ 400
THE RESULTS OF 2018 ALF
May 12, 2108 / Copernicus Center
Winner: Ulises Carmona / McKinley
Runner up: Flome Boussoukou / CMSA
3rd place winner: Makaya De`Jarnette / Michigan MSA
4th place winner: Miranda Campbell / Michigan MSA
Winner: Geraldine Benitez / Chicago McKinley
Runner up: Maryam Hamzah / Michigan MSA
3rd place winner: Teressia White / Toledo
4th place winner: Naudia Beck / Youngstown
Winner: Clara Owolabi / IMSA North
Runner up: Alondra Pineda / McKinley
3rd place winner: Valeria Carrizalez / McKinley
TURKIC FOLK DANCES
Winner: Noble Columbus
Runner up: McKinley
HISPANIC FOLK DANCES
Runner up: Chicago South West
3rd place winner: Michigan MSA
Nigerian Folk Dance Group IMSA North
Bosnian Folk Dance Group Chicago
Korean Folk Dance Group Chicago
Kyrgyz Folk Dance Group Chicago
Polish Folk Dance Group Chicago
Vietnamese Folk Dance Group Chicago