2019 TURKISH QUIZ CONTEST
The Middle School & High School Quiz Contests are on Saturday, April 27, 2019 at HSA Lorain.
PRELIMINARY QUIZ CONTEST
Each school may attend the Preliminary Quiz Contest with MAXIMUM 2 groups each of which represented by 3 students. ( 2 groups for Middle School and 2 groups for High School)
Turkish teachers have the discretion to pick the students to represent the school in the Preliminary Quiz Contest.
Region 1: Preliminary Quiz Contest at Lorain School by April 5, 2019 [Detroit, Toledo, Lorain, Cleveland, Youngstown schools]
Region 2: Preliminary Quiz Contest at Dayton High School by April 5, 2019 [Dayton, Columbus schools]
Region 3: Preliminary Quiz Contest at IMSA North School by April 5, 2019 [Chicago, Indianapolis, St Louis schools]
FINAL QUIZ CONTEST
6 Middle school groups ( 3 from region one, 2 from region two, 2 from region three )
6 High school groups ( 3 from region one, 2 from region two, 2 from region three )
will be invited to the Final Quiz Contest in Lorain on April 27, 2019
QUIZ CONTEST FORMAT for preliminaries and final
Middle school questions are based on Sevgi Dili 2 and Acilim I curriculum, and High school questions are based on Acilim I and Acilim II curriculum.
25 questions will be asked to the contestants in the Preliminary Quiz Contests. Should there be a tie between the schools after 25 questions, extra questions will be asked until the tie is broken.
The number of the questions and the type of questions will be the same in the Final Quiz Contest, and in case of a tie after 25 questions extra questions will be asked as applied in the eliminations.
There will be 7 High Schools and 7 Middle Schools in the Final.
The monetary awards:
- High school winner: $ 150
- High school runner-up: $ 120
- High school 3rd place winner: $ 90
- High school 4th – 7th place winners: $ 60
- Middle school winner: $ 150
- Middle school runner-up : $ 120
- Middle school 3rd place winner: $ 90
- Middle school 4th – 7th place winners: $ 60
- Vocabulary (meaning, spelling, pronunciation and unscrambling)
- Short sentence translation
- Reading comprehension
- Listening comprehension
- Turkish culture ( from coursebooks, no question from outer resources)
- Turkish food and drinks (from coursebooks, no question from outer resources)
- 6 Major cities` geographical positions on the map ( Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Adana, Bursa, Antalya)