The High School winners / 2017: Lorain School Team [left to right: Mr Arif, Nathan Witnik, Aylisa Grenald, Kaitlyn Boyd]
The results of Middle Schools
Runner up: Noble Academy of Cleveland
3rd place winner: Youngstown
4th place: McKinley Park
5th place: Columbus Middle
The results of High Schools
Runner up: Columbus High
3rd place winner: Cleveland High
4th place: IMSA North
5th place: Dayton High
2018 TURKISH QUIZ CONTEST RULES and REGULATIONS
The Middle School & High School Quiz Contests are on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at HSA Lorain.
PRELIMINARY QUIZ CONTEST
Each school may attend the Preliminary Quiz Contest with maximum 2 groups each of which represented by 3 students. ( 2 groups for Middle School and 2 groups for High School)
Turkish teachers have the discretion to pick the students to represent the school in the Preliminary Quiz Contest.
Region 1 : Preliminary Quiz Contest at Lorain School by April 20, 2018Â [Toledo, Lorain, Cleveland, Youngstown schools]
Region 2 : Preliminary Quiz Contest at Dayton High School by April 20, 2018 [Dayton, Columbus schools]
Region 3 : Preliminary Quiz Contest at Chicago South-west School or McKinley School by April 20, 2018 [Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, St Louis schools]
FINAL QUIZ CONTEST
6 Middle school groups ( 2 from region one, 2 from region two,Â 2 from region three )
6 High school groups ( 2 from region one, 2 from region two,Â 2 from region three )
will be invited to the Final Quiz Contest in Lorain on April 28, 2018
QUIZ CONTEST FORMAT for preliminaries and final
Middle school questions are based on Sevgi Dili 2 and Acilim I curriculum, and High school questions are based on Acilim I and Acilim II curriculum.
25 questions will be asked to the contestants in the Preliminary Quiz Contests. Should there be a tie between the schools after 25 questions, extra questions will be asked until the tie is broken.
The number of the questions and the type of questions will be the same in the Final Quiz Contest, and in case of a tie after 25 questions extra questions will be asked as applied in the eliminations.
There will be 6 High Schools and 6 Middle Schools in the Final.
The monetary awards:
- High school winner : $ 150
- High school runner-up : $ 120
- High school 3rd place winner : $ 90
- High school 4th winner : $ 60
- High school 5th winner : $ 60
- High school 6th place winner : $ 60
- Middle school winner : $ 150
- Middle school runner-up : $ 120
- Middle school 3rd place winner : $ 90
- Middle school 4th place winner : $ 60
- Middle school 5th place winner : $ 60
- Middle school 6th place winner : $ 60
- Vocabulary (meaning, spelling, pronunciation and unscrambling)
- Short sentence translation
- Reading comprehension
- Listening comprehension
- Turkish culture ( from coursebooks, no question from outer resources)
- Turkish food and drinks (from coursebooks, no question from outer resources)
- 6 Major cities` geographical positions on the map ( Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Adana, Bursa, Antalya)