TURKISH QUIZ CONTEST
Quiz Contest will be held for 2 categories
- Middle Schools
- High Schools
Both Middle School and High School Quiz Contests are on Saturday, April 10, 2021 from 10:00 am to 12:00 at Chicago Math and Science Academy in Chicago on the same day with Art & Language Festival.
Middle Schools (from 10:00 – 11:00)
High Schools (from 11:00 – 12:00)
QUALIFICATION for QUIZ CONTEST
THERE IS NO PRELIMINARY CONTEST ANY MORE (as we did in the previous years).
Each school has the right / option to participate in the Quiz Contest with ONE group consisting of 3 students.
You may participate with 1 group of Middle School and 1 group of High School if your school has both middle school and high school grades.
Turkish teachers have the discretion to pick the students to represent the school in the Quiz Contest.
QUIZ CONTEST FORMAT
- Middle school questions are based on common topics (units) of Sevgi Dili 2, Sevgi Dili 3, Can 3, Can 4 Curricula,
- High school questions are based on Acilim I and Acilim II curricula.
20 questions will be asked in the KHOOT format in the Quiz Contest and contestants will enter their answers online.
After the Contest, the groups need to report to North Shore Center 9501 Skokie Blvd Skokie, IL 60077 where Art & Language Festival is held.
The winner groups will be given their awards in the afternoon at 4 pm after they watch Art & Language festival at North Shore Center from 1:00 pm to 4 pm.
The monetary awards:
- High school winner : $150
- High school runner-up : $120
- High school 3rd place winner : $90
- Middle school winner : $150
- Middle school runner-up : $120
- Middle school 3rd place winner : $90
- Vocabulary (meaning, spelling, and unscrambling)
- Sentence translation
- Sentence completion
- Turkish culture ( from coursebooks, no question from outer resources)
- Turkish food and drinks (from coursebooks, no question from outer resources)