2018 OFFICIAL CONCEPT SCHOOL ART & LANGUAGE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
I. There are 9 categories for participation in the Contest.
- Turkish songs
- Spanish songs
- French songs (only for the schools teaching French)
- English songs
- Turkish folk dances
- Hispanic folk dances
- French folk dances (only for the schools teaching French)
- Turkish poetry
- Turkish poetry for natives
*** (Turkish, Spanish ,French and English songs are not competing with each other. All four languages will have their own top 3 winners. Turkish, Hispanic and French folk dances are not competing with each other, All three cultures will have their own top 3 winners.)
II. CONTEST DAY is SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2018 @ 1:15 pm – 4:00 pm
HOST CITY is CHICAGO, IL
Venue: Copernicus Center
5216 W Lawrence Ave, Chicago, IL 60630
III. The contestants will be qualified for the Final Contest by their video performances. Teachers are supposed to take the videos of the performances and submit them to the Head of Foreign Language Department by March, 23 2018.
In other words, we will NOT have the three-day auditions to qualify the contestants for the Final Contest as we did in the previous years.
The videos will be watched by the judges and the qualifiers will be announced on April, 6 2018
- Contest is for 5-12 grade students.
IV. As for the folk dances category
– As the title of this category suggests, the participating dance should be a traditional folk dance, NOT a modern dance.
-The folk dance group should consist of at least 8 dancers, not any fewer than that.
-Individual dances or couple dances or group dances performed by fewer than 8 dancers will not be accepted even if they are traditional dances.
V. As for the Singing Category
-Karaokes of the songs qualified for the Final Contest should be submitted to the Department Head via email by April 20, 2018.
-The contestants are expected to sing with the karaoke music, not with the original song music along with the original singer.
– Any singer who performed a song in the final contests of previous years is expected to participate with a different song in 2017.
– The songs should be sung by a single singer, or a duo or a trio but not by more than three singers.
VI. Contest rubrics
Singing: (Turkish / Spanish / French)
- Not going out of tune (20 points)
- Lyrics comprehensible (10 points)
- Mimics, gestures and postures along with the song (10 points)
- Stage costume (10 points) *this is for the Final Contest , not required for the video performances
Folk dances: (Turkish / Hispanic / French)
- Synchronization of the dancers (20 points)
- Harmony of the dance figures and music (10 points)
- Using the stage area well (10 points)
- Costumes (10 points) *this is for the Final Contest , not required for the video performances
Poetry: ( Turkish)
- Good pronunciation and good intonation of the words and lines (20 points)
- Putting the emotions into the poem (20 points)
- Background music (10 points)
Singing and Poetry:
Winner : $150
Runner up : $100
3rd place winner: $75
Winner : $200
Runner up : $150
3rd place winner: $100